In the previous guide we have learned how to turn on hotspot in Windows 10. You may get error we cannot setup mobile hotspot error turn on Wi-Fi but the settings are disabled. In this guide learn how to fix we cannot setup mobile hotspot error turn on Wi-Fi issues in Windows 10.
Fix We cannot setup mobile hotspot Turn on Wi-Fi issues in Windows 10
Quick note : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I keys on keyboard to open Windows Settings. Click on Update & Security.
- Click on Troubleshoot and click on Network Adapter and Click on Run the Troubleshooter
- Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.
Step 2: Update Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter Settings
- In the Device Manager, right-click the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter.
- Select Disable device.
- Click the Yes button.
- Right-click it again to select Enable device.
- Double-click the adapter to open the Properties.
- Go to the Power Management tab.
- Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
- Click the OK button.
Step 3: Download and Reinstall network drivers from the manufacturer website
- Press Windows + R to bring Run command. Type Devmgmt.msc and click OK.
- Right click on Wireless network adapter, click on Update.
Or you can download drivers from your computer manufacturer’s website and install them.
Major computer manufacturers driver download links.