We couldn’t update the System Reserved Partition error prompts in Windows 10 Operating System while upgrading from the previous versions of the Windows or while updating the Windows 10 Operating System. It also prompts the error code such as error 0xc1900104 or error 0x800f0922.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
The error with the System Reserved partition occurs if the reserved partition becomes full. The System Reserved Partition on the hard drive stores the boot information data for the Windows. There are also a chances that some third party anti-virus or security application write to the System Reserved Partition and will fill it up.
The issue with the System Reserved Partition might also occurs if there are any internal errors in the hard drive. So, it is better to scan the hard drive for any errors first before proceeding with any other further troubleshooting steps.
Warning : Further steps might involve registry manipulation. Making mistakes while manipulating registry could affect your system adversely. So, be careful while editing registry entries and create a System Restore point first.
How to fix We couldn’t update the System Reserved Partition error?
Follow the below resolution steps to fix the issue with the System Reserved Partition while updating or upgrading the Windows:
In order to fix the issue with the System Reserved partition error, the partitions has to be checked for the internal errors from the Disk Management. It will be hard for the normal users to perform the internal discs scan using the Disk Management. So, we recommend to use a Partition Manager tool to perform the same task.
We suggest you to use the EaseUs Partition Master Free application to perform the check of the System Reserved Partition. You can download the EaseUs partition Master Free application from the below link.
Once it is downloaded, install it in the computer and follow the below steps to perform the check of the partition.
- Launch EaseUs Partition Master Free and right click on the System Reserved Partition that you wish to perform the check and select the option Check Partition.
2. Once you select the Check Partition, you will get 3 options as Check Partition Properties, Call Windows Chkdsk to fix errors and Surface Test. Choose the way you wish the application to check the hard drive and click on OK.
3. The check for the partition will now begin and it will scan for the errors automatically and fix them. Once it is done, click on OK to finish the process.
4. Once the Repair is completed, reboot the computer and try to upgrade or update the Windows. It should work fine now. If the same error persists, then the memory size of the System Reserved Partition has to be extended. To perform the same, follow the below resolution steps.
Follow the below resolution steps to fix the issue with the error “We couldn’t update the System Reserved Partition” while upgrading or updating Windows:
- You can use the same EaseUs partition Master Free tool to resize or extend the size of the Reserved Partition.
- Launch the EaseUs Partition Master Free application, right click on the System Reserved partition and select the option Resize/Move partition.
3. Drag the right handle of system reserved partition rightward so to extend it to unallocated space. If there is no unallocated space in the computer, you have to shrink or delete partition firstly, then repeat step 1.
4. Click on Apply to save the changes. Computer may prompt to reboot the computer. If prompted, reboot the computer once.
Once after extending the System Reserved partition, the issue with the error “We couldn’t upgrade the System Reserved Partition” will be fixed and the update or the upgrade will work fine. For further support, leave comments or ask more on Forum.
Usually, if there are some bad sectors in the hard drive or if there is no space in the System Reserved Partition, this error occurs. To avoid such issues in future, we strongly recommend you to scan the computer for the infections regularly with the Anti-Virus protection, keep the computer up to date by installing all the updates.