If this option (“Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart“) is not enabled for completing Windows update installation you may see error message as The operation did not complete because there is no logged-on interactive user. To fix Windows 10 update error 0x80240020 you can just enable this option and restart the computer.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Why “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart“ should be enabled?
Some updates require you to restart your PC and sign in to Windows in order to finish installing the update, which means you might sign in to Windows and find you can’t use your PC until the update is finished. Windows 10 helps prevent this from happening by allowing Windows to use your sign in info to create a special token. This token is used to automatically sign in after a restart, finish setting up your PC, and then lock your PC to help keep your account and personal info safe.
What is “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart“?
“Use my sign in info to automatically finish setting up my device after an update” as an added feature for your newly updated Windows 10. If you check this option, the system will record your sign in credentials and enters the sign in credential automatically to finish setting up your computer after an update.
Windows 10 Update Error 0x80240020
Speed up the Windows sign-in process by following these steps to automatically sign in and set up your PC after an update or restart.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, we suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
How to enable “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart“ option in Windows 10
For Windows 10 (Version 1709 and later), select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. Under Privacy, turn on Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart. Check this guide for more information.
Note: You don’t find this option on your computer, your PC may be part of domain network as your administrator may applied policy on your PC. However can you still enable it from registry editor.
How to open registry editor.
- Press Windows+R keys to bring up Run command
- Type regedit and press enter.
- Click on Yes on UAC prompt.
- Find below registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate\OSUpgrade
- You may don’t see OSUpgrade options under WindowsUpdate.
- Create it by right click on WindowsUpdate select New Key and rename it as OSUpgrade.
- Right click on OSupgrade key select DWORD (32-bit) Value and rename it as AllowOSUpgrade.
- Restart the computer to changes to take effect.
Hope Windows is installing fine without error 0x80240020 now. Leave your comments or ask more on Forum.
Refer more link about Windows 10 update version 1809:
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x80070005
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x80004005-0x1000A
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006
- Updates failed Windows 10 version 1809 error 0x80246019
- Windows update error 0x800f0900 on Windows 10
- Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update
- Fix Windows Update Unspecified Error 0x80004005