As you know, Microsoft has paused Windows update version 1809 temporarily due to Few Windows users reported files lost after installing Windows update version 1809. Mr Robert Ziko, on Microsoft Community reported as “claims to have lost 220GB of data” After all this Microsoft has re-released Windows 10 update version 1809 again, Windows 10 update version 1809 available for download.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Those who have already installed Windows update version previously they will be receiving cumulative update called KB4464330 as a resolution for data loss issue. In case if you need support or report any issues you can directly tack to Microsoft +1-800-MICROSOFT or find a local number in your area. Find Global Customer Service Phone numbers here.If you have access to a different PC, please contact us at Microsoft Contact us.
Is Windows 10 update version 1809 available for download?
Before you go ahead and download Windows update version 1809 by following below steps, make sure that your computer meets hardware configuration as said by Microsoft.
Using any of below options, you can install Windows update 1809 version on your computer.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings App
- Click on Update & Security, select Windows Update,
- Press on the Check for updates button.
4. Once the Windows 10 update version 1809 download, Windows will start installing it.
5. Windows 10 update version 1809 is completed. You must restart the computer to apply new settings and updates. Click on Restart now.
Note: This may take several minutes, please be patience until it completes installing updates.
Unable to see Windows 10 update version 1809 on Windows Update? If this is the case, you can perform an in-place upgrade of Windows 10 with all the new features and improvements manually using the Media Creation Tool.
- Go to Windows 10 upgrade tool download page here
- Click the Download tool now button.
- Double-click the MediaCreationTool1809.exe file to begin the upgrade process.
- Click the Accept button to agree to the Microsoft terms.
- Select the Upgrade this PC now option.
6. Click the Accept button one more time to agree to the notice and license terms.
7. Confirm that the Keep personal files and apps option is selected. (If the option isn’t selected, click the Change what to keep link to choose the correct option to keep your files, settings, and apps after the upgrade.)
8. Click the Install button.
After completing the steps, the Media Creation Tool will begin installing the Windows 10 October 2018 Update on your device keeping your settings, apps, and data.
Problem while installing the new version, you should use the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable media, to perform a clean installation of Windows 10 with the new update.
To upgrade your system to the latest version of Windows 10 using the Update Assistant, use these steps:
- Go to Windows Update Assistance download page here
- Click the Update now button.
- Double-click the Windows10Upgrade file to start the tool.
- Click the Update Now button.
- After the tool confirm that your hardware is compatible, click the Next button.
- Click the Restart Now button.
Note: Once you have completed the steps, the Update Assistant tools will download the files to upgrade your devices without affecting your apps, files, or settings on a process that could take up to an hour depending on your hardware configuration and internet connection speed.
Those who have Windows 10 version 1809 installed on their computers will be receiving a new cumulative update called KB4464330. This update come with fix for data loss issue does may not occur again.
Learn more about Windows 10 Installation.
- How to create a system image in Windows 10
- How to install Windows 10
- How to Create USB Bootable Windows 10 installation media
- How to Create Bootable USB/DVD media from ISO for Windows 10
- Windows 10 complete Guide
Error while installing Windows 10 update version 1809? Refer below links.
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x80070005
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x80004005-0x1000A
- Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006
- Updates failed Windows 10 version 1809 error 0x80246019
- Windows update error 0x800f0900 on Windows 10
- Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update
- Fix Windows Update Unspecified Error 0x80004005