Few users reported update error as Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006. This guide may address the issues. However you can check our previous guide to learn how to install Windows 10 update version 1809.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Windows 10 version 1809 update available for install and download?
Yes,the latest feature update to Windows 10 is available from October 2nd 2018. If you want to update now, Microsoft has provided Media creation tool and the update assistant to upgrade manually. Go to the Page below and select Download tool now.
Symptoms-Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006
Some users reported that they are unable to update to the latest version 1809 on their computer as it ending up with error along with below symptoms.
- We could not install Windows 10. We have set your PC back to the way it was right before you started installing Windows 10
- The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLACE_OC operation.
- Updates failed Windows 10 version 1809 Error 0x8007001F-0x20006
- Windows update version 1809 downloads and installs successfully after restart showing error 0x8007001F-0x20006
- Windows 10’s October 2018 Update version 1809 Update Stuck at 42%
- Update failed, Version 1809 download fine, unable to install updates error 0x8007001F-0x20006.
I am the only one who is facing Windows 10 update version 1809 error 0x8007001F – 0x20006
No, after Microsoft released Windows 10 version 1809 several users facing similar issues. They are could not install version 1809 successfully on their computer. This question was posted in Microsoft Community by VarenBautista as : I am trying to update to the latest version of Windows. The downloading is successful, so I restart my computer. After the first reboot, it starts restoring back to my previous version of Windows. Then, I tried using the Windows ISO. Again, the downloading was successful, so I restart my computer. After the first reboot, it again goes back to my previous version of Windows. Then the ISO opens and displays the error 0x8007001F – 0x20006.
What is causing Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006?
You are unable to install Windows 10 update version 1809 due to following reasons listed below.
- Faulty anti-virus or Firewall software.
- Unstable internet connections.
- Windows update downloads corrupted
- Software distribution folder corrupted.
- Windows update services and dependencies are corrupted.
Is My computer eligible for Windows 10 version 1809 update?
Yes, if your computer meet hardware configuration recommended by Microsoft. Windows 10 1809 version is actually available for all computer, your computer should meet system requirements. As per Microsoft your computer should have below system configuration to install Windows 10 update version 1809.
|Processor:||1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC|
|RAM:||1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
|Hard disk space:||16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS|
|Graphics card:||DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
Can I install Windows 10 update version 1809 on my computer?
As said above your computer should meet above system requirements to install Windows 10 update version 1809. If you are not sure how to check it manually, you can contact your manufacture website to make sure your computer is eligible for Windows 10 version 1809 update. However you can see your computer specifications yourself on your computer. To do that
- Type Windows + R keys to bring up RUN command.
- Type as msinfo32 and click on OK or Enter
Check eligibility by visiting manufacturer website.
If you are using anyone of below manufacturer’s computer, you can directly visit website and check if your computer is eligible to install Windows update version 1809.
How to fix Windows 10 version 1809 update error 0x8007001F-0x20006
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Reset Windows update components.
- Navigate the path: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. (assuming Windows installed in C drive, if not navigate the root path)
- Select all files inside the SoftwareDistribution and delete them permanently.
- Next, Empty the Recycle Bin and try to install updated now.
- Run this batch script, which can help you in fixing various kinds of issues related to Windows Update. This script can be used in all Windows versions. Batch File to Reset Windows Update.
Step 2: Run Windows update troubleshooter.
Before you perform, troubleshoot make sure, you logged in to Administrator account. If the Windows update troubleshooter does not work. Perform clean boot, reboot the computer and try again.
- On start menu search for troubleshoot. Click on troubleshoot.
2. Find Windows update. Click on Run the troubleshooter. Follow on screen instructions.
Note: You can also download Windows update troubleshooter from Windows Official website here
Step 3: Perform Clean Boot.
- Press Windows + R at same time. Type msconfig. Click on OK.
2. On General tab, Uncheck Load start up items.
3. On Services tab. Click on Hide all Microsoft services. Click on Disable all. Click OK.
4. Restart the computer and try to run Windows update troubleshooter Step 2 again.
Step 4: Disable Anti-virus or firewall software.
Faulty or corrupted anti-virus software also can Windows update error 0x80246019issues. Perform as below to make sure anti-virus is not causing the issue. If Windows update error 0x80246019 is working after disabling anti-virus software, you may need to reinstall anti-virus software.
Step 5: Refresh or Reset Windows 10.
Refresh or Reset your computer to reregister all Windows files. It will reset your computer settings to Windows default.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.