About: Windows 10 Weather app not working or opening
This guide helps you to fix the issue Windows 10 weather app not working or opening. Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt weather application. You can select the multiple locations in the application and monitor the weather conditions. The weather app provides detailed forecasts for the Windows users. Now, when you try launching the weather app and if that does not launch, then it can be simply your Windows 10 weather app’s Live Tile that is not working.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Why Windows 10 weather app not working or opening?
Sometimes, there are chances that, if the weather app’s Live Tile is not working, you might think that the weather application is not working. Before troubleshooting the application, you can try these simple steps.
- Unpin the tile and then Pin it again.
- Change the size of the tile by right clicking on it and check.
- Restart the file explorer and check.
If the Weather application itself not launching, you can try the below resolution steps.
How to fix Windows 10 weather app not working or opening issue:
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, we suggest you to create a System Restore Point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something went wrong.
Step 1: Update the weather app.
If there is any minor issue with the application, sometimes, updating the program might fix the issue if that particular application is not working. Follow the below steps to update the Weather app from Windows Store.
- Search for Store in the Windows search and launch Windows Store.
- Click on the three dotted button at the top right corner and then select the option Downloads and updates.
- Once it is open, you will get the option to click on Get Updates. If you click on the same, it will update all the installed application from the Microsoft Store.
4. After updating the application, you can reboot the computer once and check if the Weather app is working fine and the issue with the Windows 10 weather app not working or opening got fix.
If the issue remains after the reboot, you can proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 2: Run Windows Apps troubleshooter.
If any Windows Store applications not working in Windows 10, you also can try running the Windows apps troubleshooter, try repairing the particular application and check if that fix the issue.
To run the Windows Apps Troubleshooter:
- Search for troubleshoot in the Windows search and click on troubleshoot.
2. Now, scroll down to the bottom and find the option Windows Store Apps.
3. Click on Run the troubleshooter option, which is next to Windows Store apps option.
4. Click on Next and the troubleshooter will scan for the errors in the installed application and once the result displays, you can fix the detected errors.
5. Now, check if the Weather app working fine, if not proceed with the further troubleshooting steps.
Step 3: Reset Weather app.
Resetting the Windows Store application will remove all the data saved on that application. Once it is installed back, it will be a new application and there won’t be any data restored back from the older one.
To reset Windows store application:
- Open settings in the computer and select the option Apps.
- Click on the Apps & features option at the left hand side of the screen.
- Search for the Weather application in the list and click on it. You can see Advanced options now. Click on it.
- After opening the Advanced options, you can see the Reset option.
- Click on Reset. It will reset the application.
Now, reboot your computer and check if the Weather app working fine and the issue with Windows 10 Weather app not working or opening get fixed.
Step 4: Uninstall and Reinstall the Weather app.
If the above troubleshooting steps didn’t fix the issue with Windows 10 Weather app not working or opening, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the application.
To uninstall the application:
- Search for the application in the Windows Search.
- Right click on it and select the option uninstall.
- This will remove the application from the computer.
- Reboot the computer and open Windows Store, search for Weather app and install it.
You can refer this link to Uninstall Universal Apps using Powershell in Windows 10.
How to avoid this error “Windows 10 weather app not working or opening”?
Windows 10 weather app not working or opening occurs mainly if the application has some updates that needs to install or if some of the internal files related to that particular application got damage. Optimize your computer to work faster and smoother. Do not install several anti-virus applications. As they conflict, each other create issues in your computer. Make sure your antivirus software is up to date and working fine.
Hope this guide helped you to resolve “Windows 10 weather app not working or opening” issue. For further support, leave your comments or ask more on Forum.