This guide is about Windows Defender firewall blocking Apple iTunes and iCloud software’s on Windows 10/8.1/7 computers. In this guide, we tried finding the reason for Windows Defender blocking Apple iTunes and iCloud software. In addition, here we have possible resolution steps to fix Windows Defender firewall blocking Apple iTunes and iCloud software on Windows 10. Before you go ahead and learn about fixing the issues. Let us first understand the issue better.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click the Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How does it work?
This tool will scan and diagnose, then repairs, your PC with patent pending technology that fix your PC issues instantly.
Do you know why usually any anti-virus block any software or application?
Anti-virus designed to detect and destroy virus, malicious software, and protect your computer from malicious attacks. If anti-virus and Windows Defender blocks any applications or downloads when they are not trustworthy.
What happens when applications or downloads not trustworthy? : You know the answer the application or download file will be blocked permanently without any expectations. You may see below Windows Security Alert as Windows Defender Firewall has blocked some features of this app (iTunes.exe). However, there is an exception on Windows Defender or on any anti-virus software that not to block the software like Apple iTunes or iCloud.
Why Windows Defender firewall blocking Apple iTunes?
So for we know anti-virus or Windows Defender blocks software or applications when they are not trustworthy or malicious. Than Why Apple iTunes, iCloud software blocked by Microsoft Windows Defender. Is Apple iTunes not trustable applications? Let me clarify and explain this for you. As I researched, recent Windows security update were causing the issue. Windows Defender blocking appleidav.exe and iTunes.exe files due to this Apple iTunes and iCloud software does not work on Windows 10. Microsoft is well aware of this incident and it will addressed soon. Meanwhile this guide will show how to manage Windows Defender firewall exception for Apple iTunes and iCloud.
Quick Note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Add Apple iTunes to Windows Defender Firewall exception.
By adding Apple iTunes software to Windows Defender Firewall exception Apple software will start working normally and shall not blocked any more.
- Press Windows and R key to bring up Run command
- Type in Run command as firewall.cpl. Click OK or press Enter.
- Windows 10 and 8: Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.”Windows 10 and 8: Click “Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.”
4. Click “Change settings.”
5. Make sure that iTunes is selected for both private and public networks. Make sure that Bonjour selected for private networks only.
6. If the programs are not seen follow below steps to add iTunes to Firewall exclusion.
7. Windows Key + I to launch the Settings app, then click on Update & Security, then navigate towards Windows Security > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
8. Click on Virus & threat protection, then Virus & threat protection settings. Venture down to Exclusions and select Add or remove exclusions.
9. Brows this path and Add C:\Program Files\iTunes\ and C:\Program Files\Bonjour\ to Windows Defender exclusion list.
Step 2: Reinstall iTunes and its components and re perform step 1.
Step 3: Refresh your computer and re perform Step 1.
After completing above resolutions steps, you should have no issues with iTunes and Defender will not block any more. For further support, leave your comments or ask more on Forum.