When you encounter Windows Update Error 0x800f0900 on Windows 10.
You may encounter Windows update error 0x800f0900 when update or upgrade Windows 10. Usually you see this error when download and installing updates on Windows 10. This happens usually due to unstable internet connection, Windows update components corrupted, Windows update services and dependencies are corrupted. In this guide, learn how to fix Windows update error 0x800f0900.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
Windows users reported, they encountered error 0x800f0900 while installing updates KB4013429, KB4093112, KB4088776, and KB4284835 etc. luckily there are resolution steps to fix error 0x800f0900.
What is causing Windows Update Error 0x800f0900 on Windows 10?
- Faulty anti-virus or Firewall software.
- Unstable internet connections.
- Windows update corrupted downloaded.
- Software distribution folder corrupted.
- Windows update services and dependencies are corrupted.
How to Fix Windows Update Error 0x800f0900 on Windows 10
Quick note: Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point, so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Reset Windows update components.
- Navigate the path: C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download. (assuming Windows installed in C drive, if not navigate the root path)
- Select all files inside the SoftwareDistribution and delete them permanently.
- Next, Empty the Recycle Bin and try to install updated now.
- Run this batch script, which can help you in fixing various kinds of issues related to Windows Update. This script can be used in all Windows versions. Batch File to Reset Windows Update.
Step 2: Run Windows update troubleshooter.
Before you perform, troubleshoot make sure, you logged in to Administrator account. If the Windows update troubleshooter does not work. Perform clean boot, reboot the computer and try again.
- On start menu search for troubleshoot. Click on troubleshoot.
2. Find Windows update. Click on Run the troubleshooter.
Step 3: Perform Clean Boot.
- Press Windows + R at same time. Type msconfig. Click on OK.
2. On General tab, Uncheck Load start up items.
3. On Services tab. Click on Hide all Microsoft services. Click on Disable all. Click OK.
4. Restart the computer and try to run Windows update troubleshooter Step 2 again.
Step 4: Disable Anti-virus or firewall software.
Faulty or corrupted anti-virus software also can Windows update error 0x800f0900 issues. Perform as below to make sure anti-virus is not causing the issue. If Windows update error 0x800f0900 is working after disabling anti-virus software, you may need to reinstall anti-virus software.
Step 5: Refresh or Reset Windows 10.
Refresh or Reset your computer to reregister all Windows files. It will reset your computer settings to Windows default.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.
Hope above resolution steps help to resolve Windows update error 0x800f0900. For further support, leave your comments or ask more on Forum.