You may keep seeing the same update being offered for installation. This may happen if the update isn’t installed correctly the first time, or if your Windows Update settings can’t detect the update. In this guide learn and Fix Windows update repeatedly offers the same update issues.
RECOMMENDED: Fix this issue in 3 simple steps. Takes only 2 minutes.
1) Download repair utility.
2) Install program and click Scan button.
3) Click Fix Errors button when scan is completed.
4) Restart your computer.
How to fix Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update?
Follow the below resolution steps one by one and check if the issue gets fix after each step. If the error remains, you can proceed with the further resolution steps.
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working state if something goes wrong.
Step 1: Check whether the services are running; follow these steps for your version of Windows.
- On the start screen, type Control Panel. Alternatively, swipe in from the right, top or click Search, and then type Control Panel.
- In the Search Control Panel Box, type services.
- Click view local service.
- Make sure that the “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” service is running.
5. Make sure that the “Windows update” service is running.
Step 2: Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update.
You can fix the Windows updates errors with some manual and automatic troubleshooting steps. Refer the below methods and perform the same.
- To automatically reset Windows Update components, click Fix it, and then follow the on- screen instruction.
For Windows 8, 7
Fix It 50202 works in Windows XP, Vista and 7 only.
2. Download and run the System Update Readiness Tool from the this link.
Click on “Download “to download Reset_Windows_Update_Full.bat files and run it as administrators reboot the computer and check for updates and install them.
Step 3: Reset Windows permissions to Windows default.
You can use Windows SubInACL tool to reset Windows permissions to default. Refer the below link to perform the same.
Click here to know how to reset Windows registry permissions.
Step 4: Perform System Refresh / System Reset.
If none of the above troubleshooting steps helps, you can try performing the Windows Repair or Reinstall. Refer below links to perform the same on your computer.
Hope this guide helps you to fix Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update issues. If not, as we recommended you to repair or reinstall the Operating system. Before that please make sure that you back up your data from your computer. ( Recommend you to copy you data into external hard disk drive).