You may keep seeing the same update being offered for installation. This may happen if the update isn’t installed correctly the first time, or if your Windows Update settings can’t detect the update. In this guide learn and Fix Windows update repeatedly offers the same update issues.
Warning : Before making any changes in your computer, I suggest you to create a System Restore point so that you can restore back your computer to previous working stat if something goes wrong.
Fix Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update
Step 1: Check whether the services are running; follow these steps for your version of Windows.
- On the start screen, type Control Panel. Alternatively, swipe in from the right, top or click Search, and then type Control Panel.
- In the Search Control Panel Box, type services.
- Click view local service.
- Make sure that the “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” service is running.
- Make sure that the “Windows update” service is running.
Step 2: Automatically diagnose and fix common problems with Windows Update.
- To automatically reset Windows Update components, click Fix it, and then follow the on- screen instruction.
For Windows 8, 7
Fix It 50202 works in Windows XP, Vista and 7 only.
- Download and run the System Update Readiness Tool from the this link.
Click on “Download “to download Reset_Windows_Update_Full.bat files and run it as administrators reboot the computer and check for updates and install them.
Click here Know how to reset Windows registry permissions
Hope this guide helped you to fix Windows Update repeatedly offers the same update issues, If not as we recommended you to repair or reinstall the Operating system. Before that please make sure that you back up your data from your computer. ( Recommend you to copy you data into external hard disk drive).