Why Windows update version 1809 roll out paused?
Microsoft Said, “We have paused the rollout of the Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) for all users as we investigate isolated reports of users missing some files after updating.”
Microsoft has paused the rollout of Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809),( Microsoft said Windows update version 1809 roll out paused) the latest version of the Windows 10 operating system, which Microsoft released this week, on Tuesday, October 2. Microsoft said will provide an update when we resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.The main reason Windows update version 1809 has deleted few Windows users data from C:/Users/[username]/Documents/ location. Let me just reproduce reported issues in Microsoft Community below.
- Windows 10 1809 user, Robert Ziko, claims to have lost 220GB of data after updating. He posted in Microsoft community as” I have just updated my windows using the October update (10, version 1809) it deleted all my files of 23 years in amount of 220gb. This is unbelievable, I have been using Microsoft products since 1995 and nothing like that ever happened to me. Files were located at C:/Users/rober/Documents/.This location is still present, with no files. All of files deleted.”
- Lonnie_L, posted in Microsoft Community as “After installing the Windows 10 October 2018 update (version 1809), Microsoft Store apps are no longer able to connect to the Internet. For example, Microsoft Edge is unable to connect to any websites, displaying the message, “Hmmm…can’t reach this page.” Apps like Mail, Calendar, and News are not working properly. And Microsoft Store says to check my connection.Non-Store apps, such as Internet Explorer, are still able to connect to the Internet.
- MesbahJavid reported as “iTune Error after Win 10 update 1809.After updating Win 10 to 1809, iTunes no longer loads with this error message. Any solutions? Not long lectures as though I have a PhD in Computer Programming!”
- EddieBright reported as memory card not reading after recent updateAfter a recent windows ten update, my memory card will not read. According to my reader, it is blocked by Windows.
- Lost touchscreen ability after the latest Fall 2018 update. (THINKPAD YOGA)Tried updating drivers, uninstall and reinstall drivers. Rolled back to previous version and touchscreen still not working. Finally reinstalled Windows 10 and still no touchscreen. The touchpad and pen function without any issues..Anyone else with touch screen issues after latest update.No current solutions via Lenovo site.Check this guide fix touch screen not working issue.
Symptoms after installing Windows update version 1809.
There are several issues reported by Windows 10 users on Microsoft community, some of them are here.
- Robert Ziko, claims to have lost 220GB of data after updating
- Microsoft Store apps are no longer able to connect to the Internet
- iTune not loading error after Winndow 10 update 1809
- Memory card not reading after Windows 10 1809 update.
- Touch screen is not working after Windows 10 1809 update.
When Microsoft resume Windows update version 1809 rollout?
Once the above problems have been resolved, Microsoft is planning to offer a cumulative update for devices that already have the new version installed, and then, it’ll resume the rollout of Windows 10 version 1809 to compatible devices. The original plan was to make the update available as an automatic update during the October 2018 Patch Tuesday (October 9), but now, there’s a chance that the company may have to delay the release until Microsoft can ensure the safety of users files.
Microsoft may offer cumulative update for device which already have version 1809 installed. And you may download the Windows updates from Microsoft Website itself or through Windows update. Microsoft has provided Media creation tool and the update assistant to upgrade manually. Go to the Page below and select Download tool now.
Microsoft Said : If you have checked for updates and believe you have an issue, please contact us directly at +1-800-MICROSOFT or find a local number in your area https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4051701/global-customer-service-phone-numbers.If you have access to a different PC, please contact us at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/contactus/ (link will vary according to country of origin).If you have manually downloaded the Windows 10 October 2018 Update installation media, please don’t install it and wait until new media is available.We will provide an update when we resume rolling out the Windows 10 October 2018 Update to customers.