In Windows 10 you have different types of password options, such Password (Alpha numeric and special characters included), PIN password (A PIN is short code that you can enter to login into your Windows 10 computer very quickly. The PIN code should be at least four characters or digits) Picture password (Picture). Learn more about Password Options – Manage Passwords in Windows 10. Recently on forum one of our client from Canada asked question: I am unable to login to my computer as it is saying, “Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security setting on this device on this device.
Why you are getting “Your PIN is no longer available message on Windows 10”?
A recent Windows 10 April 2018 Update (V1803) glitch created this issue. Recently few Windows users reported this issue on our Forum. Windows 10 April 2018 Update (V1803) glitch has modified changes on User Account permissions; due to this, the Administrator user account has lost its permissions. As a result, you are unable to log into your Windows 10 computer. This guide will help to fix “Your PIN is no longer available issues on your Windows 10 computer.
You might be seeing below errors or issues in your Windows 10 computer:
- Your PIN is no longer available due to a change in the security setting on this device on this device.
- Windows 10 PIN something went wrong.
- Unable to Add PIN.
- Windows PIN not working after April 2018 Update (V1803).
- PIN incorrect.
- PIN not showing
Learn How to Fix Your PIN Is No Longer Available message on Windows 10
Make sure you are logged in using an administrator account before following further steps. Use password sign-in option on the login screen to get into your account.
- Go to Windows Settings App
- Click on Accounts – Click on Sign-Options
- Under PIN – click on Change
4. After changing new PIN. Check if the issues is fixed. If issue persists, follow step 2.
Step 2: Reset and Grant Access to Ngc folder.
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft
- Delete everything on Ngc folder and Follow steps 1 to create New PIN and check if the issues is fixed now. If you are unable to access Ngc folder or getting Permission Denied error, continue with below steps.
- Right click the Ngc (The Ngc folder contains all files responsible for PIN related settings.) folder and choose Properties.
4. Navigate to the Security tab and click on Advanced button.
5. Locate the Owner section at the top and click Change link.
6. In Enter the object name to select, enter Administrators, if you are using administrator account or your user name and click Check Names and OK.
7. Check Replace owner on subcontainers and objects and click Apply and OK.
8. Now you should be able to enter into Ngc folder.
9. Once you open Ngc folder, select all files and folders in it and delete them. And Follow steps 1 to create New PIN.
Step 3: Disable or reinstall Anti-virus software.
There is a chance that your anti-virus software might not allowing to access required files and folder. You can temporarily disable anti-virus and uninstall it (Use only anti-virus removal tools to uninstall anti-virus software) and check is fixed.
Step 4: Create new user account.
As we suspected in this topic earlier, finally by creating new user account we can fix PIN sign in errors. Refer this link to know how to create user account in Windows 10.
Step 5: Refresh or Reset Windows 10.
Windows refresh can completely repair system files and permission. Go for it by following below links.
- Refresh Windows 10 without erasing data.
- Clean reset Windows 10
- Clean install Windows 10 from USB bootable media.